Welcome to Bear Mountain CrossFit. We are a functional training gym located at 2050 East Main Street, Cortlandt Manor, New York (in Pike’s Plaza). We offer CrossFit classes, High Intensity Classes, yoga, and personal training.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In the simplest terms, CrossFit is an incredibly effective strength and conditioning program. The CrossFit Method will prepare you for life and sport better than any other training regime in existence today.
Bear Mountain CrossFit’s Mission Statement:
Bear Mountain is committed to delivering a unique fitness experience to our local community. We pride ourselves in providing a welcoming environment for both beginners and advanced athletes in their pursuit of fitness. Our desire to be recognized as a business that fosters a clean, professional and positive environment that gives back to the local community, and above all, promotes fitness for athletes of all ages and skill levels.
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit’s ideology is based on constantly varied, functional movement executed at high intensity. Constantly varied means we vary the time, distance, weight and environment of the daily workouts. Functional movements are movements that you would naturally do. For example, whether we are conscious of it, we squat multiple times per day. Think about how many times per day you go from sitting down to standing up and back down. Doesn’t it make sense to train this movement so that we can maintain what is thought to be a simple standard of living? High intensity is relative to each individual member. After demonstrating a solid understating of mechanics as well as being able to perform those mechanics with consistency we then focus on each individual’s intensity.
- CrossFit is utilized by all types of people, from those fighting for our country to those fighting assisted living. The workouts are infinitely scalable. Times, rounds, weights and repetitions can all be sized to meet our members’ work capacity.
- We use jump ropes, plyo boxes, kettlebells, dumbbells, barbells, Concept 2 Rowers, medicine balls and our bodies. The workouts are comprised of gymnastic movements, weightlifting and what is conventionally thought of as cardio (i.e. running, jumping rope, rowing).
Why Bear Mountain CrossFit?
- We believe in evidence based fitness and setting goals that are attainable and measurable.
- We eat, sleep, and breathe CrossFit, this is what we do and have been doing since 2010.
- You get all benefits of individual training in a group atmosphere, where you will be supported by other coaches & individuals who are working just as hard and you
- All ages are welcome & we have ranging from 19-60
- It’s a community atmosphere and through all the hard work a special bond is developed.
- We believe that intelligent programming is needed to help you achieve your goals
- You will never be just another number, your progress and well being will always be the most important factor.